A tall mid-nineteenth century silver creamer made in New York and retailed in Richmond by Mitchell & Tyler. The Gale & Hughes mark shows that it was made in 1848. Mitchell & Tyler were in business in Richmond from 1845 to 1866. It has never been monogrammed. There is a bit of silver soldering at the lower end of the handle.
5.9 troy ounces