The original monument to Mary Washington, George’s mother, was started in 1833. It was never completed and the new [present] monument was constructed in 1894. We collect all sorts of things related to the monument. There are a number of ribbons and medals associated with the dedication of the new monument. We also find chunks of marble from the earlier monument that have been painted with images of the obelisk on the ground. Anything related to Mary’s grave and the monument will interest us.
Sign up for our newsletter, RECENT & INTERESTING ACQUISITIONS
"*" indicates required fields