DAR, Independence Hall, Carpenter’s Hall, The Liberty Bell, Etc.

DAR, Independence Hall, Carpenter’s Hall, The Liberty Bell, Etc.

“This frame of the Charter of Merion Chapter, D.A.R. is made from wood from one of the original windows of Independence Hall; the letters “M” and “C” were carved of wood taken from the Merion Meeting House; the Keystone was fashioned from wood which originally had been in Penn’s Letitia St. House, now standing in Fairmount Park; the square and compass at the bottom were made from a piece of the original stairway of Carpenter’s Hall and steel filings were from the iron band which originally held the Liberty Bell.”

Copied from the old label on the back of the frame.

Pennsylvania, 1895 c.D: 21.5"Reference number: 25166